Monday, November 10, 2008

First Post

Thought I'd start a little "blog" about my adventures in self reliance. Then I'll have a record of what I've done so I can refer back to it later, and maybe someone else can learn from my mistakes!

A little background on me: I'm a stay home mom of 3 little ones and love to camp, hike, shoot, sew, attend historical reenactments. I do not love cleaning toilets or vacuuming! That's probably enough about me for now--I suppose you'll get to know me better as the posts go on.

I've started a little group of moms that will meet together every other week or so to practice skills we may need to better provide for our families during hard times. Anything to make us more frugal, self reliant, better prepared, etc. is fair game. We're starting with baking bread from scratch today. I'm by no means an expert at everything I'll be writing about, but I'm willing to try, so here's my outlet to post the things I learn along the way.

1 comment:

Momnerd said...

I'm so glad that I get to be one of the group! Your blog looks adorable, you're a natural. Totally figures since you're good at everything. ;) Oh, and I love your profile picture!