Friday, May 28, 2010

Best Thing Since Sliced Bread . . . Oh, Wait, it is Sliced Bread

Had ball practice for my girls last night and I haven't been feeling too good lately, so after dropping them off I went to the store and bought some bread and a frozen pizza.  This almost never happens.

My 5 year old is done with practice first and she gets in the car and sees the bread.  We still have to wait another half hour for her sister to be done.

Her: Can I have some bread?
Me: Sure.
Her: Now?
Me: Yep.
Her: Can you slice it?
Me: It's already sliced.
Now she's confused.
Her: How did you slice it?
Now I can't even answer because I'm laughing.
She gets a big ol' grin and figures it out: OOOHHHH, you goed home!

She really did not understand how I produced bread in the car that was already sliced.  Too funny.  Really we do eat bread from the store occasionally, although apparently not very often. ;-)

7 comments:

Katidids said...

Oh how funny! That reminds me of another blog where a therapy nurse was trying to have a little one feed a bottle to a doll and asking her what it was...well the little girl kept trying to take her top off..the mother was told her daughter had focus issues as she kept trying to take her top off. The mother had to explain she had no idea what a bottle was, she was taking her top off to "feed" the baby!

Andrea said...

That's funny. My son called me on the carpet yesterday for ordering a pizza from the one-room grocery store in the next village...he said he knew I had a recipe for pizza because I've made it before and I should use that recipe so we can have pizza anytime we want. Sigh. Give a mom a break, why don't you????

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! A similar thing happened to me when my kids were young. I did a lot of baking our own bread and one day bought some. My daughter said nearly the same thing. We weren't in the car though, just at home.

Tracy Bruring said...

I love kids sooooo much. You must take very good care of them. It shows

Ryan said...

We try to keep a frozen pizza in the house at all times. It is a relatively (compared to staple based home made stuff) expensive meal but I don't see it that way. I see it as a quick convenience meal that is relatively pretty cheap compared to a fat palace let alone a sit down type place.

Come to think of it I might just eat it tonight.

Patrice Farmer said...

Thats funny!

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Too, too funny!!!