Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Will it Live?

After snow and cold on Monday, I planted about half my bedding plants outside in the garden on a sunny 67 degree Tuesday.  Crazy, I know, but it really happened.  Gotta love spring.  I didn't have time to finish, so I took the rest inside.  Once a week or so I babysit a little 15 month old boy for a friend who works over at the school for a few hours and he was over today and discovered the plants that were sitting on buckets at just his level by the sliding back door where they could get some sunshine.  He only destroyed four pepper plants before I found him and scooted him out of the room where he proceeded to dump cheese-its on our piano while I repotted the scrawny baby peppers in a plastic cup.  (The plastic cup planting method is only temporary--these are going out to the garden hopefully this week sometime--if it were long term you'd want to poke some drain holes in the bottom of the cup.) 


I'm optimistic about the results of the repotting, but I'm not too sure about the one on the far left that the cute little guy plucked all the leaves off of.  It still has roots--we'll see how badly it wants to live, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

4 comments:

jimmycrackedcorn said...

Those seedlings are SO LEGGY! In addition to trying to save them, I would start a few more seeds under some grow lights or directly out in the sun.

Angela said...

jimmy--no kidding. I don't have a grow light, but did manage to turn out some decent seedlings last year. Didn't get this years to the direct sun window early enough though. Planning on burying them deep when they're planted so they'll have a bit better stability.

Katidids said...

Good LUCK! Some of my later tomato's looked the same, I planted them about 3 inches deep and they are great now.

marci357 said...

One for the weeds,
and one for the seeds,
One for the critters,
and one for me :)

Guess the leafless one can be for the weeds.....